Saturday, December 10, 2011

Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays


I don't mean to offend anyone, but when I am offended, I must say something.  This picture says it all.  I celebrate Christmas, but I also celebrate the Winter Solstice.  I love calling this time of the year "The High Holidays" magic is truly in the air!  Also, I think this needs to be said... Christmas time is when Christ the son is born, right?  He is returning light, bringing promise to the darkness.  Sounds very similar to the Winter Solstice which is just a few days awayfrom Christmas.  Winter Solstice is about the VERY same thing... they days have been short, the night and the cold has been long.  December 21st is the longest night, but... there is hope and promise because from this day forth light is returning to Mother Earth and her children.  As a society we must remember our roots, and not condemn them.  By condemning where we came from, who we are and what others celebrate we hurt ourselves and our very soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment